Why Do Windows Need Cleaning?
Window cleaning is an important aspect of home maintenance, and this is especially true in British Columbia where the rainy climate can leave windows dirty and streaky. In fact, regular window cleaning is necessary to keep your home looking its best in the rainy Pacific Northwest.
Improve the Appearance of Your Home
Dirty windows can make a house look run-down and uninviting. Window Cleaning can be especially important when selling or renting your home as dirty windows can give the impression of poor maintenance and deter potential buyers.
Protect Your Investment
The benefits of professional windows cleaning go beyond just aesthetics, it can also extend the life-span of your windows. Over time, acidic dirt, grime, and algae can accumulate on windows and frames, which can cause them to deteriorate. This can lead to issues such as foggy or cloudy windows, broken seals, and even structural damage. Given the expense of windows, it is important to take proper care of them to ensure that they last as long as possible. A high-end double-pane window with energy-efficient features can cost upwards of $2,000 or more installed. Replacing all the windows on an average sized home in British Colombia can easily cost more than $40,000.
Improve Interior Ambiance
Windows are often referred to as the "eyes of a home," and for good reason. Not only do they allow natural light to enter the space and provide a view of the outside, but they also play a significant role in the appearance and overall ambiance of a home. Dirty or streaky windows can make a home look uninviting and run-down, while clean windows can bring a sense of brightness and warmth to a space. In fact, clean windows are an important aspect of home staging when preparing a house for sale, as they can help to make a home feel more welcoming and inviting to potential buyers.
Improve Energy Efficiency
Windows also serve an important function in terms of energy efficiency. Clean windows allow more natural light to enter the home, which can reduce the need for artificial lighting and potentially even save on energy costs.
Skylights, Patio Glass and Awnings
It is easy to overlook skylights, patio glass, and glass awnings when it comes to cleaning, as they are often out of reach or hard to access. However, it is important to include these areas in your window cleaning routine as they can accumulate dirt and grime just like regular windows. Skylights and awnings can be particularly prone to dirt and grime build-up due to their position on the roof, and they can be dangerous to clean. Patio glass needs to be cleaned from both sides, it can be very time consuming and laborious.
How Do Professionals Clean Windows?
Our team uses special equipment designed for window cleaning known as the water fed pole system. A soft bristle brush is mounted on the end of a very long carbon fiber pole and is connected to a deionized water filtration system. The windows and frames are scrubbed gently with a soapy solution while being constantly sprayed with a stream of ultra pure water, similar to washing dishes. Deionized water, unlike tap water, does not leave streaks on the windows after it dries because it does not contain any particles, therefore squeegeeing is not needed. The carbon fiber extension poles that we use are over 30 feet long, allowing us to clean windows up to three stories from the ground. Some water fed systems are up to 100 feet long and can clean windows on small buildings without scaffolding.
Why Hire A Professional To Clean Your Windows?
While it may seem like a cost-effective solution to clean your own windows, it may not be a good idea for several reasons.
- Safety:Cleaning windows from a ladder can be dangerous. Professional window cleaners use equipment that allows them to clean up to three stories from the ground.
- Quality: Professional window cleaners have the equipment and expertise to clean your windows and window frames and leave them streak-free and sparkling. Without the right tools, it can be difficult to achieve the same level of quality on your own.
- Damage: Windows are delicate and can easily be scratched or damaged if not handled carefully. This can be especially true if you use harsh cleaning solutions or the wrong tools. Professionals clean windows with purified water and a soft brush.
- Time: Cleaning windows can be time-consuming, especially if you have a large number of windows or hard-to-reach ones. Professionals have the tools to clean windows in a fraction of the amount of time it would take a homeowner. A professional can clean all the windows on an average two story home in less than an hour.
- Convenience: Climbing ladders and moving furniture around for hours can be a miserable and exhausting task.